Designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and electric vehicle components for over 20 years.
With world-wide sales CEV is a successful global business. Vehicles in service range in size from three ton aircraft refueling and LAV trucks to the Might-E Tug, an electric towing unit which tows a variety of carts and equipment weighing up to 10,000 pounds. The primary CEV product is the Might-E Truck, a custom heavy duty electric utility vehicle. Might-E Trucks are in operation at Universities, Government Sites, Industries, Parks, Municipalities and private companies. CEV has successfully developed conversion packages for industrial vehicles such as ice resurfacing machines, construction equipment and many custom commercial vehicle projects.
Our Commitment to the Environment
We take environmental sustainability very seriously at Canadian Electric Vehicles. We believe that our customers share with us the desire to make sound choices to minimize the environmental impact from our vehicles during their life cycle. We build a product that is designed to be maintainable and upgradeable for a very long service life reducing the need to replace the vehicle. We recycle, reuse and repurpose whenever possible during the manufacturing process. We believe these values are essential for a sustainable future.
This Year - 2018
- Fluorescent lighting replaced with super-efficient LED bulbs.
- Separate stream recycling of cardboard, plastics and paper material.
- Shop uses natural light panels to reduce lighting requirements.
- Lubricants made from renewable base stocks. (Plant Based)
- Converted from oil-fired heating to recycled waste vegetable oil with hydronic floor heat.
- All non potable water is from rain water.
- Office and parts building was built with a percentage of windfall milled wood from our site.
- Office and parts building is off grid with inverter, battery bank and solar panels.
- Office is equipped with large skylights negating the use of electric lights for 40% of the year.
- All windows are low-E and argon filled.
- Computer monitors are all low power LCD units.
- Company car is pure electric with latest technology for all trips under 100km.
- Company delivery truck runs on recycled waste vegetable oil.
Canadian Electric Vehicles (CEV) has been designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and electric vehicle components for 20 years. With sales in eight countries CEV is a successful global business.
Over 250 vehicles are in service ranging in size from three ton aircraft refueling and LAV trucks to the Might-E Tug electric towing unit which was designed to reduce employee injuries by towing a variety of carts and equipment weighing up to 10,000 pounds.
The primary CEV product is the Might-E Truck, a custom heavy duty electric utility vehicle. There are over 50 Might-E Trucks in operation at Universities, Government Sites, Industries, Parks, Municipalities and private companies.