Full Job Description
Canadian Electric Vehicles (canEV), a dynamic, growing manufacturing company is seeking a Sales Professional with a passion for electric vehicles, building customer relationships and developing new market opportunities. The successful applicant will work closely with the President to take over responsibility for truck and equipment sales. This position offers a chance for growth and is a special opportunity for someone with an interest in green technology and manufacturing.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with government, municipal and private customers to maximize opportunities for new equipment through direct sales and collaboration with dealers.
- Develop and maintain bid specifications templates. Assist government and municipal agencies and through procurement process. Submit bids as required.
- Conduct truck/machine demonstrations in a thorough and professional manner, including follow-up after the presentation.
- Actively develop and acquire new customers utilizing scheduled appointments, professional quality sales presentations and demonstrations.
- Develop and present a sales forecast monthly.
- Develop and present a sales and marketing strategy for government and municipal agencies in Canada and the USA.
- Company assets, including vehicles, kept in a condition to reflect the professionalism of the sales position.
- Comply with policies of safe driving and vehicle use.
- Knowledgeable of competitor trends and pricing.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and safety regulations. Use all safety equipment necessary. Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable of government and municipal fleet management and procurement process.
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Knowledge and practice in fundamentals of good salesmanship prospecting, telemarketing, preparing an effective sales presentation, use of sales aids, closing, etc.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Meets annual and monthly sales goals.
- Effectively participates as part of the team, assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Ability to think and act independently with organizations goals in mind.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all co-workers, customers, and the public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED, or trade school equivalent.
- Strong verbal and communications skills.
- Prefer three (3) years’ experience preferred in direct customer contact in parts, service, sales, and rental of light or heavy trucks or equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to load and secure vehicles onto trailer or deck truck for transport to demonstrations. Training will be provided.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office / inside environment.
- Shop / warehouse / outside environment.
- Valid BC driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- North America wide travel and overnight stays.
- Working from home is possible for this position.
Canadian Electric Vehicles is an established manufacturing company that produces a variety of products for the Electric Vehicle Market. Our customers include municipalities, university campus, campgrounds, recreation, and industrial facilities. We are a small but fast-paced company with lots of opportunity for the right candidate.
For more information on our company visit canev.com.